-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 3 months ago
Over the past year, my email inbox has included far too many articles with headlines like these:
Epidemic: Another Pastor Burned Out and Quit Last Sunday
Pastoral Stress and Burnout
Why Pastors Walk Away
The […]
-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 3 months ago
“The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” II Timothy 2.2
Pastoring is passed down.From one life to ano […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 4 months ago
I was privileged to formally study for the ministry in two schools: a Bible College and a seminary. Both of these schools gave me a quality education for life in ministry, specifically, pastoral ministry. Given […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 4 months ago
Over the past year, I’ve had far more, shall we say, “conversations” with health professionals than I would like. I’ve had more examinations, tests, blood work, etc than I ever thought possible. Doctors have wo […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 5 months ago
In Part I of Journey’s blog post on Self-Coaching, we briefly considered David’s habit of self-coaching, a discipline that sustained him through the pressures of leadership, issues like:
his own internal str […]
-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 5 months ago
I Samuel 30.6 records an incident in the life of David that speaks to every Christian leader:
“David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, e […]
-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 6 months ago
He disappeared. He just disappeared.
For several months he and I had been walking together in a pastoral coaching relationship.
Pastoral coaching is based and built on relationship and trust: when these two […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 6 months ago
THE FAILURE TO THRIVE
In their book, “Among Friends,” James Hinkle and Tim Woodroof cite a 1945 study conducted by social scientist, René Spitz. The study tracked the development of 88 healthy children (1 to 2 ½ […]
-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 7 months ago
The Values of Pastoral Coaching
THE WHAT, THE WHY, AND THE HOW I am a pastoral coach. And I’m very thankful to be one. I often tell friends and colleagues that I have t […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 7 months ago
The life-giving benefits of dynamic peer mentorship for ministers are incredible. By divine design, they are equal to our inborn need for mentorship. This is especially true for young ministers. In his book, […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 8 months ago
At Journey Pastoral Coaching, we help young ministers build for a lifetime of healthy and effective ministry. We do so by focusing on the individual him or herself.
The doing of ministry flows from the being of […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 8 months ago
Editor’s Note: Are you a bi-vocational minister? In his most recent letter to ministers, Assemblies of God General Superintendent George Wood said that 38% of AG ministers fit this description. A question: a […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 8 months ago
While pastoral coaching is first and foremost a relationship, it does make use of carefully selected tools, not tools that serve the convenience of the coach, but that serve the well being of the one being […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 9 months ago
In 2016, Journey published 32 blogs, one every two weeks of the year, plus a few extras thrown in for good measure. While most of our writing focused on the pastoral coaching issues, we also looked at the nature […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 9 months ago
I am a pastoral coach: I have the joy of pastoring pastors every day. Millennial pastors primarily. Pastors across America and in foreign nations. Pastors of all kinds: lead pastors, church planters, staff […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 10 months ago
Every minister breathes silent prayers at Christmas. He lifts “wishes” to heaven. In quiet moments of reflection he reaches into his heart and draws out the dreams he would dream if only he believed they rea […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 10 months ago
In 2016 we read many good books, a few great books, and a couple of “why was this ever published” books (no, you won’t find books of the last category in this list). Overall, it was a great reading year with man […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 10 months ago
God of Heaven,
What do I have that I did not receive from you? (I Corinthians 4.7)
Because you are the giver of every good and perfect gift (James 1.17) and because you are good, I give you thanks; truly […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 11 months ago
On October 31, 1517, Martin Luther nailed 95 theses to the door of the local church in Wittenberg, Germany, 95 reforms he believed necessary to revitalize the universal church and restore Jesus to His rightful […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 years, 11 months ago
Life & Death
Culture is imploding, collapsing in upon itself. Denying absolutes and objective truth, culture is now without safeguards, consuming itself in a death spiral of spiritual and moral chaos.In his […]

- Load More
Recent Tweets
JPC Instagram
© [2015] — Journey Pastoral Coaching