-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 4 days, 16 hours ago
Surprise Sabbatical: Reflections on a Season of Extended Transition
Preparing for change is a bit like trying to predict the future, and we humans are mediocre forecasters on our best day. Just ask your lo […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching commented on the post, Red Pillow Brigade 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Kevin, Thank you so much. Your encouraging words are medicine for my soul. You are now an official member of my “Red Pillow Brigade!” God has been very gracious to me in this process. A word to you: please ask […]
-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Red Pillow Brigade
Armed and Ready Not long ago, I wrote here about a heart “event” I underwent three years ago. In that piece, I used that experience […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 1 month ago
The Bruised Pastor – Part Two
It’s been 13 years since that night I sat with my back to the elm tree. At times it’s hard to imagine that many years have passed; and yet, I […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Skydiving with Jesus
Lessons from a Young Church Planter By Josiah SmithOriginally published October 2019 in Evangel Magazine Free falling at over 120 […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 2 months ago
Healthy for the Long Haul
“How is swimming in the ocean different than swimming in a pool?” It was my kids’ first time ever seeing the ocean. As I stared at the imme […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 2 months, 3 weeks ago
A Tale of Two Pastors
As I have written before, during my high school and college years, I was blessed to have three true pastors, three shepherds in heart and […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 3 months ago
Rediscovering Jesus’ Recipe for Discipleship
Let’s be clear: I am not a baker. However, my wife is a phenomenal cook AND baker. One thing I’ve learned about baking is that ingr […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Pastoring Like Jesus
Less “-ing” & more “pastor-” Three years ago, I had a heart “event,” one that required a 5-day stay in the hospital. Over those fiv […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 4 months ago
The Bruised Pastor
He who is the Lord of life… came to bind up, not to break; to heal, not to destroy. (Richard Sibbes, The Bruised Reed) I sat alone w […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 4 months, 3 weeks ago
I Found God in a Coffee Shop in Athens
“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” Psalm 46.10. As Mis […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 5 months, 1 week ago
Fighting Fear
Joshua was terrified. No, the Bible doesn’t expressly state this. However, the phrase “be strong and courageous” is used four times […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 5 months, 3 weeks ago
The Hidden Treasures of Pastoral Coaching
Introduction “One of the common denominators apparent among those who lived well, led well, and finished well, was that they had p […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 6 months, 1 week ago
Preach Like a Model
More pastors should preach like a supermodel. I know that sounds like a provocative statement, but let me explain. I do not mean that […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Learning From God’s Surprises
During our family’s two decades as missionaries to Europe, we lived for a time in Tours, France, deep in the heart of the beautiful Loire V […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 7 months, 1 week ago
"Go and Make Disciples…"
Matthew 28:16-20 “16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.17 When they saw him, they […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 7 months, 3 weeks ago
Shepherding in Zone 2
Almost five years ago, I began cycling again. Like most people, I rode a bike as a child, but this was something different altogether. […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 8 months ago
9 Trends Good and Bad in the Church – Part Two
Two weeks ago, in Part One of this two-part look at church trends to anticipate in 2026, I presented nine negative trends of the year to […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 8 months, 3 weeks ago
9 Trends Good and Bad in the Church – Part One
Born in the late ‘50s, I’ve seen my share of trends. Cars, clothes, and cultural icons, I’ve seen them all. And having lived in the Frenc […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 9 months, 1 week ago
Opportunities Dawning In The New Year
We recently asked a group of young ministers to share the opportunities they see for ministers and the Church of Jesus Christ in […] - Load More
Recent Tweets
JPC Instagram
© [2015] — Journey Pastoral Coaching