-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years ago
One of the greatest constants in my ministry as a pastoral coach is walking with young ministers who are in transition, aka hiring or being hired.
It is possible that the single most important decision a lead […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years ago
Leading businesses have known for years that one of the keys to growth is a retained and trained leadership team. Fortune 500 companies invest heavily in their young leaders, knowing that the investment will reap […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years, 1 month ago
Several years ago, the magazine, “Inc.” published an article that began like this:
“… Businesses tend to spend so much of their time and money acquiring new customers that they often overlook their best source […]
-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years, 2 months ago
I love to visit bookstores. Like my wife loves good chocolate, I love good bookstores.
I walk in the door and my pulse quickens, my fingers twitch, and my eyes flicker like I’ve had ten Italian espressos. This i […]
-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years, 3 months ago
For Such a Time As This
Esther was an orphan. She had never known her homeland, only life in exile. Her nation had been conquered and its people carried off. She […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years, 3 months ago
Years ago pastors were expected to handle FIVE primary tasks, but studies today reveal that the number has swelled to SIXTEEN.
This increase in primary responsibilities has at least TEN effects on pastors […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years, 4 months ago
At Journey Pastoral Coaching, we learn as much as those whom we coach. One of the essential things we’ve learned is that the optimum coaching experience takes place with someone you have personally known for a […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years, 4 months ago
What is a society without a heroic dimension? Jean Baudrillard
Happy Memorial Day.Today we remember – and we honor – the sacrifices of our soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen, and guardsmen, sacrifices made […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years, 4 months ago
In my most recent blog on the subject of pastoral staffs, I listed 10 things that staff pastors hope to receive from their lead pastors. To read the full piece, click here, but those ten “treasures” are:
1. B […]
-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years, 5 months ago
Based on our conversations and research with pastors across America, here’s what staff pastors of all stripes say they need from their lead pastors. Pastor, why not bookmark this blog on your phone and then plan t […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years, 5 months ago
Hear me out.
It’s time you and I put God in His place. It’s time we take him out of our self-sized, small-faith boxes and let Him be in our lives daily exactly who He is eternally and infinitely: it’s time to p […]
-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years, 7 months ago
I recently met with a colleague and our conversation covered the usuals: where we are now, what we are doing in ministry and how it’s all going. He was intrigued to hear that I am a full-time pastoral coach and t […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years, 8 months ago
“Why Journey Pastoral Coaching?”
Five years ago, the General Superintendent of the Assemblies of God raised the alarm that the AG needed four thousand – 4000 – new ministers immediately. He stated that the AG […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years, 9 months ago
This is Part 5 in this series on Millennial leaders. The reader is encouraged to read the introductory blog before reading what follows below.
4. The people of God are looking for a champion. I Samuel 1 […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years, 9 months ago
This is Part 4 in the series. The reader is encouraged to read Part I before continuing.
3. The leaders of the people of God are not leading from the front, but from the back.
I Samuel 17.24, 28
David an […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years, 9 months ago
I am a pastoral coach: I have the joy of pastoring pastors every day. Millennial pastors primarily. Pastors across America and in foreign nations. Pastors of all kinds: lead pastors, church planters, staff […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years, 10 months ago
How to Kill Something You Love . . .
I Corinthians 13 is often called “The Love Chapter.” That may be, but it is also the “How to Kill Something You Love Chapter,” and as such, i […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years, 11 months ago
Here is a simple but very special post from a dear friend of many years. When I saw it, tears came into my eyes and I immediately knew why. I’m posting this special story for three reasons, lessons if you wi […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 10 years, 11 months ago
In this third installment in the series, we continue to focus on essential truths for the young minister. These are minister – and ministry – sustaining lessons I’ve learned over three plus decades. Ignore them a […]

-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 11 years ago
In this post, we continue with the second in a three-part series on essential truths for the young minister.
These are minister and ministry sustaining lessons I’ve learned over three plus decades. Ignore them […]

- Load More
Recent Tweets
JPC Instagram
© [2015] — Journey Pastoral Coaching