-
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 1 year, 8 months ago
Hidden Treasures in the Church
Here’s a list of treasures all too rare in the church today, every one of them free for the taking. Or making. The list is compiled from c […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 1 year, 8 months ago
The Qualities of a Godly Mentor – Part One
EDITOR’S NOTE: In my previous article, I promised to present in this piece predictions for pastors in 2025. However, since then, one of my […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 1 year, 9 months ago
Where is the Church Going in 2025?
In his celebrated novel describing the time of the French Revolution, A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens’ opening lines are b […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 1 year, 9 months ago
A Pastoral Coach's Christmas Wish List
As I have written recently here at Journey, I love serving as a pastoral coach. Ten years in, I am still amazed that God called me to this […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 1 year, 10 months ago
Journey's Best Reads of 2024
As we turn the final pages of 2024, I offer my annual list of favorite reads for the year. This was another great reading year with many […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 1 year, 10 months ago
JPC 10th Anniversary
It was 10 years ago, and this month, we launched the ministry of Journey Pastoral Coaching. From Day One, we have had one mission: helping […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 1 year, 11 months ago
What I Love About Being a Pastoral Coach
TENTH ANNIVERSARY EDITION I have a confession to make: I am a pastoral coach. And I love it. Many in the church are unf […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 1 year, 11 months ago
Anxiety, Worldview, and God’s Kingdom
Editor’s Note: Josiah Smith serves as Associate Lead Pastor at Northeast Christian Church in Tewksbury, Massachusetts and is an adjunct f […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 2 years ago
A Pastor of Pastors Remembers His Pastors
October is Pastor appreciation month, when we make a special effort to thank our pastors for their ministry to us as undershepherds of Jesus […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 2 years ago
Cross-Coaching
At Journey Pastoral Coaching, we practice Cross-Coaching, a sustainable coaching model based on the linking of two mentoring […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 2 years, 1 month ago
What's Changed: How Young Ministers Are Calling Us Back to Pastoral Coaching
I recently met with a colleague, and our conversation covered the usuals: where we are now, what we are doing in ministry, and how it’s all g […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 2 years, 1 month ago
15 Facts You May Not Know About the Bible
EDITOR’S NOTE: At Journey Pastoral Coaching, we are celebrating our 10th anniversary as a ministry dedicated full-time to helping young […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 2 years, 2 months ago
The Power of Shared Values
Editor’s Note: Journey Pastoral Coaching is celebrating its 10th year of helping young ministers build strong for a lifetime of healthy and […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 2 years, 2 months ago
The Tools of Pastoral Coaching
Journey Pastoral Coaching is celebrating its 10th year of helping young ministers build strong for a lifetime of healthy and effective […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 2 years, 3 months ago
Called
“Jesus went up on a mountainside and called to him those he wanted, and they came to him. He appointed twelve that they might be with him a […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 2 years, 3 months ago
The Most Useless Place
When my favorite High School teacher read Dr. Seuss’ (1990) “Oh, the Places You’ll Go” on my last day of High School I didn’t get it. Since […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 2 years, 4 months ago
How to Experience a Good Coaching Call
Pastoral coaching-mentorship is a biblical leader development approach, not a leadership development approach: our focus is not on the do […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 2 years, 5 months ago
Code Blue In The Church Part Two
In “Code Blue In the Church Part One,” I addressed five Code Blue facts about the health of the American Church today (CLICK TO READ PART […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 2 years, 5 months ago
Code Blue In The Church Part One
A church leader, a great friend, told me today of churches closing in his city. Sadness and lament poured from his heart. He is grieving […] -
Journey Pastoral Coaching wrote a new post 2 years, 5 months ago
Pastoring in the 21st Century
I am a collector of quotes. As I read a book, I note significant passages and add them to my collection. At present, I have approximately […] - Load More
Recent Tweets
JPC Instagram
© [2015] — Journey Pastoral Coaching